Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Passion's Vision...New Moon

When I researched Cherokee women of the 1700's for Passion's Vision I was amazed by the strength, both in body and spirit, of the Cherokee woman. She was honored for being a woman. Cherokee women went to war and in fact had a say in as to the tribe going to war. They were strong in body as they built the homes, raised their children and  performed the many tasks required of a Cherokee woman of that day. They were strong in spirit as they prepared their children for the life ahead of them and took part in all aspects of the tribe.

I love reading and writing about strong women. By strong I mean the kind of women that have a sense of their own worth. Women that know how to love and to inspire. Women who will not give up. Women who make a difference in their own lives as well as those they come in contact with. This is the kind of woman I wanted New Moon to be.  It didn't take New Moon long to start developing into just such a woman. 

I hope you enjoy New Moon's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment